- 1 Prostate Health
- 2 What Is Prostate?
- 2.1 The prostate is a powerhouse: a remarkable gland with huge repercussions on a man’s quality of life!
- 2.2 Causes Of Prostatitis
- 2.3 Avoid the cold.
- 2.4 Exercise More.
- 2.5 Lead a regular sex life.
- 2.6 Take care of nutrition.
- 2.7 See a doctor.
- 2.8 Drink plenty of water.
- 2.9 Watch your diet.
- 2.10 Keep your weight in check.
- 3 Why Turn To Homeopathic Medicine?
- 4 Prostate Diet
- 5 Folk Remedies for Prostatitis
- 6 Final Word
Drink plenty of water.
Drink water every day, to flush out your system.
Watch your diet.
Some healthy foods for improved prostate health include vegetables, tomatoes, avocados, walnuts, fish high in omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, nuts, olives, and pomegranate juice.
Keep your weight in check.
Obese men are at a greater risk of developing more advanced forms of prostate cancer.
Why Turn To Homeopathic Medicine?
What are homeopathic medicines good for? They operate gently, do not require any violent procedures and interventions. They harmonize energy in the human body, and do not do it locally, in one area, they generally improve the health of patients.
If we compare the treatment of inflammation of the prostate or prostate adenoma in homeopathy and traditional medicine, there is a significant difference between the approaches to treatment. Homeopathic doctors do not prescribe antibiotics! Urologists nevertheless rely on them to appoint a strong, the latest generation of antibiotics with the aim to eradicate all pathogenic microbes in the area of male sex organs. But antibiotics, unfortunately, reduce the overall immunity of the body, worsen the liver, and patients often feel bad after them. Then they need to recover after the treatment.
In homeopathic treatment, on the contrary, there is an improvement in the general condition of the body, and all other procedures – prostate massage, physiotherapy, if it is shown, acupuncture, can be combined with homeopathy. And of course, for a healthy prostate gland you need everything that is useful for human health, namely:
– healthy lifestyle,
– healthy, natural and nutritious food,
– full mode of rest and recovery after a working day,
– no alcohol and tobacco abuse,
– regular and happy sexual relationship with the woman you love,
– cleanliness in sexual relations.
Watch this video for some great home remedies for an enlarged prostate cure:
Research has found that a diet primarily consisting of meat or dairy products can increase the risk of prostate enlargement and cancer. This is especially true if a person does not incorporate enough vegetables into their diet.
- Salmon: Salmon is rich in healthy fats that contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help prevent and reduce inflammation within the body. Other cold-water fish, such as sardines and trout, are also rich in these types of fats.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are packed with lycopene, an antioxidant that may benefit prostate gland cells. Cooking tomatoes, such as in tomato sauce or soup, helps to release the lycopene and make it more readily available to the body.
- Berries: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are excellent sources of antioxidants, which help to remove free radicals from the body. Free radicals are the byproducts of reactions that occur within the body and can cause damage and disease over time.
- Broccoli: Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables, including bok choy, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and cabbage, contain a chemical known as sulforaphane. This is thought to target cancer cells and promote a healthy prostate.
- Nuts: Nuts are rich in zinc, a trace mineral. Zinc is found in high concentrations in the prostate and is thought to help balance testosterone and DHT. Besides nuts, shellfish and legumes are also high in zinc.
- Citrus: Oranges, lemons, limes, and grapefruits are all high in vitamin C, which may help to protect the prostate gland.
- Watermelon: Watermelon is also an excellent source of lycopene, the antioxidant that gives whole foods like tomatoes and watermelons their color. Lycopene may help lower prostate cancer risk.
- Onions and garlic: One study found that men with BPH tended to eat less garlic and onions that men without BPH. More research is needed to confirm these results, but onions and garlic are healthful additions to most diets.
A healthful diet for an enlarged prostate is more than just eating good foods. It also means avoiding other types of foods that are not good for the prostate.
Some foods to avoid include:
- Red meat: Research suggests that going red meat-free may help improve prostate health. In fact, daily meat consumption is believed to triple the risk of prostate enlargement.
- Dairy: Similarly to meat, regular consumption of dairy has been linked to an increased risk of BPH. Cutting out or reducing the butter, cheese, and milk may help reduce BPH symptoms.
- Caffeine: Caffeine may act as a diuretic, which means that it increases how much, how often, and how urgently a person has to urinate. Cutting back on coffee, tea, soda, and chocolate may improve urinary symptoms of BPH.
- Alcohol: Alcohol can also stimulate urine production. Men with BPH may find that their symptoms are improved by giving up alcohol.
- Sodium: A high salt intake may increase the urinary tract symptoms associated with BPH. Following a low-sodium diet by not adding salt to meals and avoiding processed foods may be helpful for some men.
Saw Palmetto: Also, some studies on plant extract therapies, such as an extract from a type of palm tree known as saw palmetto, have been shown to have a positive impact on the prostate size and urinary flow. More research is needed, however.
Melatonin: An excellent study done at Tel Aviv University showed that the melatonin receptors in the prostate could suppress prostate enlargement. Researchers found that an enlarged prostate is due to the imbalance of estrogen and testosterone that occurs as we age. They further noted that the excess estrogen also interferes with the normal metabolism of melatonin. Their advice then is to take 1-3 mg. of melatonin supplement every night. (Stick with this dosage; as with most medicines, more is by no means better.)
Take it ONLY in the darkness of night, in order not to interfere with the body’s natural production of melatonin before sunrise. Go to bed by ten o’clock also, to get a good night’s rest.
Folk Remedies for Prostatitis
Treatment of prostatitis with tea and honey
After treating chronic prostatitis with antibiotics we can turn to herbal infusions – honey therapy. Before you begin, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the body – allergy to bee products, the presence or absence of diabetes, since these conditions are absolute contraindications. It should be natural organic, lime or floral.
Honey should be taken daily with tea, about 6-7oz, using it instead of sugar. After a little time, urination stabilizers, the pain disappears. After a complete cure, it is recommended for prevention to consume honey monthly in small courses.
Pumpkin seeds have long been used by healers in the treatment of prostatitis. They are a good and very affordable folk remedy for the treatment of this disease. Since these seeds contain a lot of zinc, which is necessary for any man at any age, they quickly treat prostatitis. You only need to eat 30 seeds a day before meals. This is just the daily proportion of zinc for the body.
Method 2. Take one pound of pumpkin seeds and put it in a blender. Seeds should not be fried, otherwise, there will be no therapeutic effect! Add 7 oz of honey. Stir the solution and make balls about the size of hazelnut or slightly larger. They need to be stored in the refrigerator. You can consume one ball half an hour before meal 1-2 times a day. This folk treatment of prostatitis has a very strong therapeutic effect, so one course per year will be enough.
Tincture of aspen bark
For 100 grams of dry aspen bark, 1 liter of boiling water is required. The bark is poured hot water, cooked over low heat for 15 minutes. Then the mixture is filtered, cooled. 40 minutes before a meal, take a glass of “potion”, choosing treatment of prostatitis with aspen bark. Reviews of men who experienced the effect of this drug are positive. In addition to improving the performance of the prostate, they note a general improvement in well-being. The duration of the course is 14 days.
Parsley has a large range of useful and healing properties, especially it relieves inflammation and restores sexual function. Despite the fact that we constantly use parsley in cooking, we appreciate its spicy taste, parsley is a medicinal herb, as it contains a huge amount of useful minerals and vitamins.
So, for example, in 100 grams of parsley, there are two daily norms of provitamin A, which, incidentally, is useful for the eyes. And vitamin C is almost 4 times more than lemon! In addition, parsley has an inulin-a natural analog of insulin, it also regulates the level of glucose in the blood and, in addition, is the best source of nutrition for our intestinal microflora.
Parsley juice should be taken on a tablespoon 3 times a day for half an hour before meals.
It is also beneficial to use parsley seeds. Grind 4 teaspoons of seeds into a powder, and pour one glass of boiling water, put to boil for 15 minutes, then cool. Consume 1 tablespoon 4-6 times a day.
More than 30 million men suffer from prostate conditions that negatively affect their quality of life.
- Over 50% of men in their 60s and as many as 90% in their 70s or older have symptoms of an enlarged prostate or benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Each year approximately 220,000 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and about 30,000 will die.
- Prostatitis is an issue for men of all ages and is the most common prostate problem for men under age 50.
What You can do to exclude yourself from this list?
Eat a healthy, mainly plant-based diet.
Eating a healthy diet that is rich in prostate-friendly foods is essential for improving prostate health. What we consume has everything to do with our overall health. Some of the best diets for healthy prostate include a Mediterranean diet, which includes eating a plant-based diet which includes fruits and vegetables, nuts. And instead of using salt, using spices and herbs to flavor foods. Another healthy diet is the diet consumed by Asian countries, which rich in fish and plant-based sources of protein. Both diets are also low in sugar, saturated fats, and processed foods, which happens to be largely consumed in the Western diet of the United States.
Drink Green Tea (caffeine free) on regular bases. Research shows that green tea can help with prostate cancer and may even help slow the growth of aggressive prostate cancers.
The catechins found in green tea can promote normal prostate size and reduce a man’s risk for BPH and improve urinary function. Another good tea to try for improved prostate health is hibiscus tea.
Drink at least 4-6 glasses of water every day.
Try prostate-healthy supplements.
It can sometimes be difficult to get all the vitamins and nutrients the prostate needs from food. In this case, you should talk to your doctor about taking prostate supplements that may help you get the remaining vitamins and nutrients it needs.
Supplements that may be helpful for improved prostate health include saw palmetto, vitamin 3d, zinc citrate, pygeum, and green tea leaf extract.
Best Health Supplements For You is supported by readers. When you buy using links on our site, we may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.