- 1 SEX DRIVE and MENOPAUSE
- 2 INFLUENCE OF MENOPAUSE ON SEX
- 3 MENOPAUSE – BRIEF BIOLOGY
- 4 ADVANTAGES OF SEX AT MENOPAUSE
- 5 MENOPAUSE AND HEALTHY LIVING
- 6 SEX LIFE DURING MENOPAUSE
- 7 Herbs Apothecary For Menopause Symptoms
- 8 BEST NATURAL LUBRICANTS FOR VAGINAL DRYNESS
- 9 Sexual Enhancement Cream for Women FAQs
- 9.1 How do sexual enhancement creams for women work?
- 9.2 Are the effects noticeable immediately?
- 9.3 “I used to have a strong sex drive and much more sensitivity, but over the years this has diminished. What’s going on? Would a women’s enhancement cream help?”
- 9.4 Are there any side effects with these products?
- 9.5 How do I know which product to try?
- 9.6 Are female sexual enhancement creams expensive?
- 9.7 How can I obtain these products and maintain my privacy?
- 9.8 How about a guarantee?
- 9.9 References:
- 9.10 Do You find This Article Helpful?
SEX DRIVE and MENOPAUSE
For many women, the word “menopause” sounds like a sentence. With the extinction of the functions of the genital glands, certain changes in intimate life occur. In some cases, it is a change for the better, and sometimes it is not. But the most important thing is to understand that such changes are normal, and any undesirable consequences of menopause can be dealt with.
Not all women experience a decrease in sex drive during menopause. Moreover, in some cases, on the contrary, the attraction only increases. A possible decrease in interest in intimacy is associated with a decrease in estrogen levels. Psychological factors also play an important role.
A woman may not feel attractive because of some changes associated with menopause (hair loss, weight gain, skin changes, and others). Naturally, the decrease in libido does not occur suddenly. It is important to notice such changes in time and start acting.
INFLUENCE OF MENOPAUSE ON SEX
So why sex during menopause can be unpleasant? Well, women’s body decreases or completely stops the production of three very important hormones:
- Estrogen-affects the development of sexual characteristics and their support, participates in reproductive functions;
- Testosterone (androgens) – increases libido and sexual desire, affects the psychological state;
- Progesterone is responsible for the menstrual cycle and preparation of the body for conception.
The main reason for the lower sex drive is the lack of estrogen in the woman’s body. It can make your vaginal tissue drier and thinner. This condition, called vaginal atrophy, can make sex uncomfortable or painful. In addition, the skin elasticity decreases, wrinkles appear. All this affects the psychological state of a woman, she feels a loss of attractiveness and becomes insecure.
Testosterone and progesterone also indirectly affect sex. With a lack of testosterone, a woman’s libido suffers, excitement comes with a delay, and orgasms cannot occur. The complete absence of progesterone production in menopause also provokes a decrease in the psychological need for sex.
MENOPAUSE – BRIEF BIOLOGY
Menopause consists of three important periods – premenopause, menopause and postmenopause.
Menopause begins with premenopause, signs of which can be observed as early as 45-47 years. The first signs are manifested by menstrual irregularities, up to complete cessation. There is a deficiency of hormones, in particular, estrogen. This period may last long enough, and only 5-10% of women do not experience such symptoms.
The next stage is the menopause. Such a diagnosis is made by a doctor in the absence of menstruation for one year. The average age of women entering menopause is 50-55 years.
Postmenopause is the final stage and lasts from the beginning of menopause to 70 years or the complete cessation of the production of sex hormones.
The state of menopause is famous for its unpleasant symptoms. A woman can suffer from tachycardia, mood swings, dizziness, instability of blood pressure, increased sweating and other more rare symptoms. It is not surprising that because of such symptoms, the desire for sex disappears in many women. To learn more about menopause please visit my other article here.
Reducing the level of female sex hormones (estrogen) in menopause leads to vaginal dryness, as well as reduces libido. Sex is no longer as pleasant as a few years ago. This state of affairs considerably undermines self-confidence. There is a psychological discomfort, to the point of depression that requires psychological adjustment. However, not everything is as sad as it seems at first glance.
And even after menopause, it is possible to have a full sex life and enjoy intimacy.
ADVANTAGES OF SEX AT MENOPAUSE
- It improves blood supply to the genitals and prevents various diseases.
- Support of pelvic muscle tone. The vaginal walls become more elastic.
- Sex can help to eliminate the classic symptoms of menopause – sweating, hot flashes, insomnia, and spontaneous fever.
- Support for healthy family relationships. Men of age are also subject to similar changes in the body, but one important difference is. They still want sex psychologically, the habit remains almost until the end of life. The ability of women to maintain such a desire not only psychologically, but also physically, gives a confident and prosperous relationship for many years.
- Less severe headaches.
MENOPAUSE AND HEALTHY LIVING
At 45 life is just beginning, and it’s time to start exercise, become active, even if you’ve never workout before. Sign up for a fitness club, go swimming, do yoga or just start hiking. Dance classes will be useful. So you will not only be able to maintain yourself in excellent physical shape, you will always be in a good mood, which is very important.
Women over 40 need to monitor their diet. Try to limit the use of meat, fatty, and fried food. Lean more on fruits and vegetables.
Very helpful are foods that contain phytoestrogens. These are vegetable analogs of female sex hormones that can make up for the lack of estrogen in the blood. These products include soybeans, legumes, dairy products, cheese with mold, rye, barley, asparagus, parsley, carrots, and garlic.
Numerous studies in Europe and the United States show that prolonged use of hormones significantly increases the risk of breast cancer. Also, the use of hormonal agents increases the likelihood of thrombosis, liver disease, and cardiovascular disease. An alternative to traditional hormone therapy is non-hormonal agents based on phytoestrogens.
Phytoestrogens are a natural compound found in plants and plant-based foods. When you consume it, they may affect a person in the same way as estrogen produced by the body. estrogen plays a role in the development of a woman’s breasts, armpit hair, and pubic hair. Up until the menopause, estrogen controls a woman’s periods.
High Phytoestrogen Foods
Different types of phytoestrogen include:
- isoflavones (found in soy and other legumes such as chickpeas, mung beans, and alfalfa)
- coumestans (found in alfalfa and clover sprouts, and sprouted legumes such as mung beans and soy sprouts)
- lignans (found in linseed, grains, and vegetables)
Asian women have lower bone density and lower calcium intake than Caucasian women and yet have stronger bones and fewer osteoporotic fractures during menopause. They also have a lower risk of developing cancer and heart disease. A diet rich in phytoestrogens is believed to be a contributing factor, as evidenced by numerous studies.
You can take phytoestrogens as a supplement to help balance and support normal hormone levels.
I only recommend trusted brands that worked for many people and have a ton of good reviews. Click here to learn more…
SEX LIFE DURING MENOPAUSE
Doctors advise not to stop the sexual life in menopause. Regular sex will keep the vagina in good shape. Even a few months of avoidance from intimate life can lead to vaginal dryness, which is why a woman will experience pain and discomfort during sexual contact.
Increased vaginal dryness can be defeated with artificial lubrication. Try not to use oil-based lubricants as they contribute to irritation and can damage condoms. Experts say that most often a woman just fixated on some of their shortcomings. It is best to focus on the merits, which, for sure, have not disappeared with the advent of menopause.
Recent studies have shown that sex affects the life expectancy of both men and women, prevents the extinction of the brain.
Scientists have found that many people want sex in menopause even more than before this period, especially since it is absolutely not harmful to the body. In this regard, the question arises about the permissible frequency of intimate life. There are certain statistics:
- 1 time a week allows you to make your partner happier. The body begins to produce hormones of happiness. Mainly it has a positive effect on self-esteem, the partner feels beautiful, attractive.
- 2 times a week allows you to strengthen the immune system.
- 3 times a week reduces the risk of heart disease. This is due to the widening of blood vessels, increasing blood flow.
Tips For Better Sex During And After Menopause
- Sexologists say that the perfect way to increase sexual desire is… longer foreplay.
- Explain to your partner that you need a little more sexual caresses before intercourse than usual. Increase the time of sexual foreplay in 2-3 times.
- It will be useful to resort to the help of all kinds of sex toys. It not only will lift your sexual desire, but also will diversify sex.
- Do not forget about lubricants – these gels make up for the lack of lubrication and often contain additional stimulating desire components.
- It is also known that women who have regular sex life rarely face a lack of desire.
- It is clinically proven that physical activity significantly increases sexual desire.
- How do we significantly increase libido? A 30-minute daily walk, jogging, swimming or any other kind of physical activity will do the trick.
- But the regularity of muscle loads is important! Training only once a week will not give the expected results.
- It is possible to pay attention to the separate groups of muscles that are directly responsible for sexual pleasure.
- The ideal for training intimate muscles is the famous Kegel exercises. They can be performed at any time and in any place-even on the way to work.
- It has long been known that proper nutrition can solve many problems, including intimate nature.
- These natural aphrodisiacs effectively awaken sexual desire: spicy food and various seasonings: pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, fennel, cardamom, anise, turmeric, horseradish.
- Known aphrodisiacs include seafood: halibut, salmon, shellfish, oysters. They increase sexual desire thanks to the fatty acids contained in them.
- Few people know that many of our usual products are powerful erogenous stimulants. These include chocolate (especially dark), bananas, avocado, mango, figs, nuts, liver, eggs.
Herbs Apothecary For Menopause Symptoms
As alternative methods, many women try herbal medicine and all kinds of exercise. Improving the standard of living, physical activity, outdoor walks play a key role in the prevention of sexual dysfunction. Sex in menopause and after menopause is possible, necessary and useful.
Black cohosh, red clover, chaste-tree berry, dong quai, evening primrose, ginkgo, ginseng, and licorice are among the most popular herbs for women experiencing problems with menopause. Some of these herbs have powerful hormone-like effects, and women should not assume herbs are harmless. Always ask the advice of a medical professional before taking any herbal supplements.
The most famous natural herbs that stimulate sexual desire include:
This particular supplement contains ingredients such as giant angelica, passion flower, and black cohosh These medicinal herbs work vigorously to support hormone balance, reducing menopausal symptoms such as night sweats, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and atrophy.
It is also good to do inhalations based on these herbs, and some – for example, aloe – can even be used in pure form (aloe juice with honey).
These herbs are also part of many biological supplements designed to boost sexual desire.
One of the most common causes of decreased libido in women is psychological – problems in relationships with a partner. Tell your man about your suspicions and doubts. The sooner you solve all the urgent issues, the faster you will feel the joy of sex again.
In some cases, you may need the help of a psychologist or family therapist.
Do not hesitate to ask for help from a specialist – because this may depend not only your sexual pleasure but also your future relationship with a partner.
In the menopausal period, the body of women suffers from a lack of nutrients. This affects the physiological and psychological state. Therefore, doctors recommend taking vitamin complexes. They help to normalize the full production of estrogens, which are necessary for normal intimate life.
Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B4, B5, B6 and B12 help to raise libido. All forms of vitamin B improve blood circulation and are responsible for increased energy levels. Click here to learn more…
Deficiency of vitamin A results in decreased production of sex hormones in both men and women. You can find this vitamin in sweet potatoes, carrots, dark leafy green veggies (mustard leaves, turnip greens), lettuce, dried apricots, mangoes, and cantaloupe. Click here to read more…
Natural supplements of vitamin E are great for enhancing sex drive as well as sexual stamina. It comes in many forms: as a supplement or in a form of a lubricant which can be applied directly to the vagina. Or you can consume foods that are rich in vitamin E such as nuts, tomato, mango, kiwi, green vegetables, vegetable oils. Click here to learn more…
L-arginine is an amino acid and been promoted for increasing sexual desire and/or arousal in women, despite the fact that arginine alone has not been studied as a treatment for women.
A combination formula containing L-arginine as well Panax ginseng, Ginkgo biloba extract, Damiana, and various vitamins and minerals was found to increase sexual desire, the frequency of orgasm, and satisfaction with sex life in women with decreased libido, compared to placebo. Click here to learn more…
BEST NATURAL LUBRICANTS FOR VAGINAL DRYNESS
Lubricants are useful during sexual activity during or after menopause. Reduced levels of female sex hormones (estrogen) lead to a decrease of woman’s natural lubrication. Consequently, sex can become painful. Lubricants can help ease vaginal dryness and improve intercourse.
Lubricants come in three different varieties: oil-, water-, and silicone-based. Depending on what type you choose, they may contain ingredients that can be tough on sensitive skin. Use lubricants carefully, and stop using any product that causes skin irritation. To learn more about personal lubricants visit “Choosing a Personal Lubricant: A Guide”.
Sexual Enhancement Cream for Women FAQs
How do sexual enhancement creams for women work?
The cream is applied to the woman’s genital area, specifically the underside of the clitoral hood, allowing the active ingredients to directly stimulate the tissue surface.
Once applied, the cream improves blood flow and dilation of the blood vessels around the clitoris, greatly enhancing sensitivity and arousal. Although response time varies with each individual woman and with the specific product chosen, the effects tend to develop more rapidly with sexual stimulation through touching, rubbing, and licking in the clitoral area.
Are the effects noticeable immediately?
Yes, most products, especially Vigorelle™, immediately increase sensations. Not only does the product work right away, but with continued use, a woman’s responses should become even more intense.
“I used to have a strong sex drive and much more sensitivity, but over the years this has diminished. What’s going on? Would a women’s enhancement cream help?”
Women naturally undergo many hormonal, physical and even attitudinal changes during their lifetimes that can affect sexual response. Good overall health and a concerted effort to reduce stress can be helpful, but adding enhancement creams to the sexual routine will provide a significant impact on any woman. Users of the Vigorelle™ brand of female enhancement cream report excellent restoration of youthful sexual intensity, and experiences that are new and exceptionally conducive to orgasm.
Are there any side effects with these products?
With high-quality products, the answer is no. You should check to see that the cream you’re choosing is 100% all natural with no propylene glycol or methyl paraben substances. Quality creams are safe and natural and work through direct application to the skin. Since they are not pills or powders that must be ingested, there’s no incidence of gastrointestinal upset. On the other hand, it is always wise to sample products like this with a small dosage before using it on a larger scale. If no irritations develop during the test, you should be good to use the product as directed.
How do I know which product to try?
You can investigate the ingredients and the method of manufacture (look for safe, certified pharmaceutical-grade facilities). Also, you should go with a reputable company that’s been around a while and has a large number of satisfied customers. Our testing showed Vigorelle™ to be the best product in this category, though product choice is essentially yours.
Are female sexual enhancement creams expensive?
Prices vary by manufacturer. However, it’s good to keep in mind that you get what you pay for — and in this category of products, we’d advise shopping by criteria other than price alone. Companies that use only top-quality essential active ingredients obviously cost more to make, consequently have to charge more for their products.
How can I obtain these products and maintain my privacy?
Ordering online is a great way to discreetly get the product you want. Read the site carefully to find out how the manufacturer ships; if they don’t already ship in plain packaging that doesn’t reveal the contents, you may be able to request the service.
How about a guarantee?
You should insist on a guarantee, and make sure to read the fine print. Although all reputable companies offer them, not all companies that have them are reputable… Take extra time to read how the guarantee works, some products require a one year supply to be eligible for a refund, so shop carefully! If you have trouble finding a product you trust on your own, we recommend Vigorelle™, as it features a straight forward guarantee that you can have confidence in.
Here are a few inexpensive natural lubricants that have great reviews.
*All content found on the www.bestsupplements4u.com website, including text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
I hope you enjoyed my article. Now I want to hear from You. If you have any questions or would like to share your opinion, please feel free to leave a quick comment down below.
Best Health Supplements For You is supported by readers. When you buy using links on our site, we may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.