Best Health Supplements For You is supported by readers. When you buy using links on our site, we may earn a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated.
- Lower your stress level through prayer and meditation. Stress creates hormones that actually age us as they destroy cells and create toxic byproducts and free radicals. Studies have shown that prayer and meditation can reduce our stress levels. Prayer and meditation have been proven to even alleviate some of the symptoms of cancer and other life-threatening diseases.
- Drink plenty of water. It is a fact that 90% of us do not drink enough water. For your skin cells to function properly and heal properly from cuts, etc… we need to drink 8-12 glasses of water every day. Our skin is one of our most important organs as it protects us from disease, cushions our falls, etc… It needs plenty of water.
- Get proper sleep. Not getting the proper 8-10 hours of sleep per day will first show in your skin like broken capillaries, puffiness, circles under the eyes. It can take a serious toll on your daytime energy, productivity, emotional balance, and even your weight. It affects the moisture levels in your skin, decreasing them and also lowering your complexion’s pH levels, which is why your skin looks less youthful and has less of a glow.
- Eat well. Get proper nutrition. Too many junk foods can cause or worsen skin problems like pimples and acne. A well-balanced meal 3 times per day has been proven to help alleviate spikes in skin problems and help to average out the outbreaks in acne vulgaris. As scientists learn more about diet and the body, it’s increasingly clear that what you eat can significantly affect the health and aging of your skin.
- Take vitamins to supplement your skin and body. We can’t always make sure we get 100% of each vitamin and mineral with the foods we eat, but we can take a multivitamin once a day. People that take multivitamins once a day live longer. The best vitamins for healthy skin include Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin K, Vitamin B3, Choline, Folic Acid, Omega3.
- Click here to find a list of my favorite vitamins…
- Properly clean your skin. Harsh soaps can dry out your skin and even stimulate further sebum (oil) production which can worsen acne. Use a mild cleanser with 2% salicylic acid. This has been proven very effective in ridding excess oils while maintaining proper hydration and pH. The slight acidity will keep bacteria at bay.
- Click here to find a great cleanser product…
- Don’t smoke. Smoking puts years on you. Literally, smoking can add 10 years to the aged look of your skin. Why would you want to do that? If you must have nicotine then get nicotine gum or the patch – they will cure your cravings and there is no evidence or statistics of anyone developing cancer, lung disease, etc… from these.
- Wear sunscreen. The skin does have keratin to protect against the suns rays, but it is no match for UV rays, etc… that we expose ourselves to. Melanoma has several forms and all are deadly. If you don’t think you will get skin cancer or think you are invulnerable, just go to your local dermatologist and ask to see pictures of clients with skin cancer, better yet go to the oncology center at your local hospital. You don’t think that way ever again. Wear sunscreen.
- Treat yourself to a spa treatment at least once a year. Skin peels, TCA peels, deep tissue massage, complete relaxation, aromatherapy, etc… will all energize and heal your skin. TCA peels will actually improve your skins ability to regenerate itself and improve collagen levels.
Remember, follow these nine steps to enjoy healthier skin.
Folk Recipes For Acne
Acne treatments that work
Home remedies for acne
Effective means in the fight against acne are pure aloe juice which is prepared as follows:
You Will Need:
- 1 Aloe Vera Leaf or 1 tablespoon of aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
- 1-2 teaspoons rose water
- 3 drops of iodine
Mix honey, fresh juice from the leaves of aloe (whose age is not less than two years.) and rose water into a smooth paste. In the resulting thick slurry add three drops of iodine.
Lubricate each zit before bed.
Leave it up to 30 min, wash your face with warm water and soap.
Twice a week
Why This Works:
Honey is an antibacterial agent and also contains a variety of antioxidants. It rehydrates the skin, and this brings under control the excess sebum that was being produced. Honey also has cleansing and healing properties which are beneficial for treating many skin ailments apart from acne.
The antibacterial properties of aloe gel are very effective in treating acne and reducing the redness caused by it.
Pure aloe juice also helps to fight acne. To do this, several leaves of the plant are cut at the base, placed in a paper bag and stored in the refrigerator for a week. Then squeeze the juice from the leaves, and wipe the pimples with it twice a day.
Another great recipe: rub the leaves on a grater, pour a glass of boiled water over it and leave for an hour. Then boil the infusion for a couple of minutes, filter, the slurry is cooled and applied to the pimples for a quarter of an hour, after which the slurry is washed with cool water.
Mix two teaspoons of freshly squeezed aloe juice and one tablespoon of natural honey, add three drops of hydrogen peroxide or iodine solution. The resulting composition is applied to the face for fifteen minutes and then washed off with cool water.
Bear in mind that aloe vera does not cure acne, but reduces the infection, swelling, inflammation, and redness associated with it. With its biologically active components, it fastens the healing process.
Garlic has long been considered a miraculous remedy not only for acne.
It has a beneficial effect on the human body and has been used for many generations. Garlic has antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and antiseptic properties from allicin. Allicin helps to kill the bacteria causing acne.
You Will Need:
Puree 3 to 4 cloves of garlic
Garlic is ground on a fine grater or passed through a press. To avoid irritation, the skin is pre-lubricated with vaseline or any vegetable oil. Cover pimples abundantly with garlic gruel and put gauze cloth soaked in hot water on top. Such a mass should be kept on the face for ten minutes, taking a horizontal position, and then remove everything and wash with warm water.
Using garlic or garlic juice may cause skin irritation, rash or other allergic reactions!
Why This Works:
Some studies have shown that garlic has anti-inflammatory properties. These properties are believed to help reduce the inflammation of acne.
Oatmeal is a useful cleansing and drying agent.
You Will Need:
¼ cup of oatmeal
Oat flakes are ground on a coffee grinder. Separately, the egg white is whipped and then mixed with two teaspoons of flakes. The resulting slurry is applied to the affected area and left to dry, then washed.
Why This Works:
Oatmeal absorbs excess oil thus preventing it from clogging pores. It also exfoliates and removes dry and dead skin cells preventing acne. Oats contain specific compounds that reduce inflammation to the skin and they’re low on the glycemic index.
Fresh cucumber is an effective remedy for acne. Cucumber helps soothe skin irritations and reduce swelling–these acids prevent water retention, which may explain why cucumbers applied topically are often helpful for swollen eyes, burns, and dermatitis.
Rub the vegetable on a grater and pour the resulting green mass in boiling water. Let it cool off, in twenty minutes put on the face for 15 min.
To prepare the cucumber lotion, you will need a medium-sized cucumber, which is grounded on a grater.
Pour a glass of boiling water on it and leave for three hours. After that, filter, add one tablespoon of honey to the infusion and stir until completely dissolved.
This lotion smeared on pimples, and then washed off after half an hour.
Why This Works:
It’s packed full of antioxidants, loaded with anti-inflammatories and contains beneficial nutrients such as vitamins A, B1, C, biotin, and potassium. Mostly made of water, cucumber hydrates the skin while also containing anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties.
There are several options for the preparation of effective remedies for acne from raspberry leaves.
Wash fresh raspberry leaves are thoroughly under running water.
Then pour boiling water and squeeze the juice, which is rubbed with butter to a creamy consistency. The resulting cream smeared on pimples before bed, and in the morning wash with cool water.
Why This Works:
Raspberry leaves reduce swelling and promote tissue repair topically. Raspberry leaf is also helpful for soothing inflamed skin, which could mean dry or flaky skin, sunburn, eczema, itchiness, rashes, or most common types of skin inflammation or irritation.
Washing the face with raspberry water.
Pour a glass of boiling water over dry crushed raspberry leaves mixed with raspberry flowers in equal quantities. Leave under a cover before cooling, filter infusion and add to it as much chilled boiled water as you want. Use this for washing or rinsing the face.
Mix the juice of potatoes and onions with honey and cover the mixture plots with pimples, soak fifteen minutes and wash off with cool water.
Yeast mask helps to get rid of acne. To do this, take one tablespoon of yeast and starch, mix them. Then add three tablespoons of yogurt, one teaspoon of lemon juice and two drops of mint oil. The resulting composition is thoroughly rubbed to a homogeneous mass and applied to the face. After the mask dries slightly, once again cover the resulting composition of the affected areas. Fifteen minutes later, the mask is washed off with warm water.
Quite effective is the mask of honey and ground cinnamon.
To prepare it, you will need one teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Honey is mixed with cinnamon and applied to the previously cleansed skin, left overnight, and in the morning washed off with water. This procedure is repeated for ten days. Mask of honey and cinnamon reduces inflammation, dries pimples and improves complexion.
Tomatoes can be used to get rid of acne.
Tomato juice works as an excellent astringent. They’re full of lycopene, a phytochemical that provides red pigment and health benefits. Lycopene helps eliminate skin-aging free radicals caused by ultraviolet rays—in other words, protecting against sun damage.
Mask of tomatoes is prepared as follows:
Cut one medium-sized tomato into small slices and lightly crush it, add 4-5 drops of lemon juice This mask is applied to the face for fifteen minutes and then washed off with warm water. Carry out the procedure every day during the month when heavy lesions on the skin. To prevent acne, use this mask once a week.
Mix ripe raspberries or strawberries with a glass of vodka, insist for a month in a tightly closed container. Then the infusion is filtered and used as a lotion for the face.
Potato juice soothes problem skin well. Rubbing them daily on the face can get rid of acne.
Soda lotion is often used for acne. Baking soda and sugar are mixed in equal amounts and completely dissolved in warm water. Take a cotton swab soaked in the resulting lotion, wipe the pimples, and then wash it with cold water and soap. The face is allowed to dry on their own, then wipe the skin with a fat nourishing cream.
Peppermint lotion. Peppermint essential oil can also be a great spot treatment. Placing a diluted drop of peppermint oil directly onto your major problem areas may not only help shrink stubborn zits, but it may also protect skin against further swelling or redness.
Lotion on birch buds is an old recipe that helps to get rid of acne and blackheads. Take two tablespoons of birch buds and pour a glass of boiling water, boil for five minutes over low heat, and then insist under the lid for half an hour. With received medicinal broth wipe problem areas several times a day.
Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil is a popular choice for treating acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It’s thought to calm redness, swelling, and inflammation. It may even help to prevent and reduce acne scars, leaving you with smooth, clear skin. It has a pronounced bactericidal, astringent, deodorizing effects.
How to use: Dilute 3 drops of tea tree oil into 2 ounces of witch hazel. Use it as a toner throughout the day. You can use a face wash, moisturizer, and spot treatment containing tea tree oil as well.
Washing with water and Apple cider vinegar
In fact, many people use apple cider vinegar as part of their daily beauty regime. It is a cost-effective, 100% natural and organic way to keep your skin feeling fresh and supple.
When apple cider vinegar is made, malic acid forms. This makes apple cider vinegar a potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral substance capable of keeping bacteria at bay and pimples from forming.
Take 4.5 cups of filtered water, dissolve a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and use it as a facial rinse.
The dosage should be strictly observed to avoid skin irritation.
If you Google “Can Acne Be Cured” all you going to get from all those big medical sites is this: “Acne cannot be cured but it can be managed with these prescription drugs”. Well, it depends what really causes acne to appear. As I mention at the beginning of my blog there are three main reasons for developing acne. And depending on what causes your acne to develop you can try a wide range of herbal remedies to help you fight acne.
Remember not all remedies will work for everybody in all cases, there is no one magic solution that fits all. You have to go through trial and error until you find what works for you.
*All content found on the www.bestsupplements4u.com website, including text, images, audio, or other formats were created for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.
If you have a story to share or you had a battle with acne and would like to share details and help other people, you are welcome to leave your comments down below.